Wednesday, March 28, 2012
1. Moisture Control- Keeps basements, crawl spaces, and garages dry and free of conditions that support mold and wood fungi growth by controlling roof damage.
2. Foundation Protection- Limit the movement of active zone soils underneath the foundation by reducing the amount of water that enters the foundation wall.
3. Protect back fill- Top soil around the foundation is the weakest link in foundation moisture control. Preventing topsoil erosion can help prevent future structural damage.
4. Shield windows and doors- Most durability issues arise from bulk water intrusion through windows and doors. Roof drainage will direct water away from sensitive areas.
5. Protect plants and shrubs- Standing water in flower beds around the home can permit harmful plant fungi to develop as well as attract ants, roaches, and termites.
6. Protect Fascia- Water migration may cause rotting and insects that can be costly to repair. Quickly moving water away from rafter and roof joints is essential to a home's long term durability.
7. Increase roof overhang- Rain gutters can add up to 6" of protective roof overhang, providing additional shielding of windows and doors, improving drying time and moisture levels.
8. Prevent splash back- Rain gutters keep siding and masonry looking new by preventing splash back of dirt, grass and minerals that stain the exterior and can be difficult to remove over time.
9. Decorative detail- Rain gutters are not just functional, but can accentuate the architecture of any home. There are many styles available.
10. Rainwater collection- Collecting rainwater is the simplest way to water your lawn and plants all the while contributing to water conservation.
Friday, March 23, 2012
Do you ever think about your gutters? What is the purpose of them? Why is there a small sapling tree growing out of my gutter? Why do I have a river gushing over my front porch? These are important questions to ask yourself. Making sure that your gutters are free of debris is imperative to preserving your roof, foundation, and siding. Having a blockage causes all kinds of headaches for homeowners. The problem may not surface until it is too late and too costly.
Gutter was blocked causing water to back up and damage the fascia.
Water not flowing properly away from foundation of the house. This rotted the studs, plate, and damaged the masonry foundation.
Most homes have trees that are near or close which continually drop or blow leaves into your gutters.This debris creates clogs which causes your gutters to overflow from the front and the back of your gutters. It is necessary to clean your gutters at least once every three months, but we recommend cleaning them once a month. For a stress free solution to keeping your gutters clean for life visit our website at www.myexteriors.com.
We are a family owned and operated business. Peter and Thomas Williams are brothers who wanted to work together using both of their strengths to form a quality business. Founded in 2001 we have been involved in construction/ remodeling for over 10 years now. We strive to bring a high level of knowledge, experience, and integrity to our work. This gives our customers complete confidence in All American Exteriors. We are committed to installing quality products that will last and provide a long term guarantee. We feel that it is important to provide a product to customers that we would use on our personal homes. We want the projects that we complete for our customers to satisfy and bring pride to them. We specialize in roofing, siding, gutters, and windows but are experienced in all aspects of construction/ remodeling of your home. Contact us today 770-957-0504 or visit our website at www.myexteriors.com.